楼主: VictorPenny

[TVB drama] Growing Through Life

[复制链接]

主题

好友

积分

管理员

发表于 2010-9-15 08:34:20 |显示全部楼层
I loved the transition from episode 25 to 26, though it was a bit quick for me.
How  Albert suddenly regained his memories was not well illustrated; i felt the dropping of the ring did not seemed to be significant enough to have sent this trigger. Also it was not on Albert's face, that he regained his memories (maybe Albert is a good actor too! hehe)

The part that made me touched was the part where Albert brought Liza to the Merry-go-round horses.
He specifically chose the one which had a crack, where they played previously too.
Liza reactions seems to show that she knew Albert was slowing regaining, I'm not sure about this part but I really love it.

Penny, I totally agree with u on how Albert became a totally changed man, very sweet.

I cant believe it's ending soon!
小豬這周一定要中Mark 6

参与松居书籍:《碧海情天》,《男人之苦》, 《原来爱上贼》和 《天地孩儿》http://bbs.lauchungyan.com/viewt ... &extra=page%3D1
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

好友

积分

我爱松哥!

发表于 2010-9-15 12:58:29 |显示全部楼层
I have just finished watching episodes 20 -26.  I don't know where to start as there is a lot emotions going on in my mind. 

When Liza started hating Albert it broke my heart to see a lovely couple so torn apart and hurt from a misunderstanding. :'(:[64]:[67] I understand how Liza felt but at the same time I felt bad for Albert because he has recently discovered the situation too.  I admit that Albert was bias and flavored Hoi Sing uncontrollably so that didn't help with the situation.  All the things Albert did just kept on building up until Liza finally exploded.   There were lots of Liza and Albert 's scenes that broke my heart, but there were 2 that were the most memorable.  The first one is when Liza voted Albert out  of the CEO position and the second scene was when Albert discovers Liza's taking so many pills for her depression, insomnia, etc.  This scene made me cried because my heart hurt so much. :[67]:[67]:[67] I think this is the scene that CC was referring to in her interview when she said that she went freestyle in the interpretation of the script and let her emotions carry her on.  I have to say CC did an awesome job. :[42]  I saw hints that Liza was mentally unstable but the confirmation of it and how it unfolded was brilliant.  I think Damian also did an awesome job in working with the freestyle interpretation and providing his own input into it. :[42]  I felt Albert's pain the most when everyone was like you don't do anything for us or if you do do things for us, you hurt us in the process. 

When Albert lost his memories and how Liza realize that he truly does love her the most was so touching and warm.  Every moment of Liza and Albert together after her realization was told brilliantly.   I love how Liza put the "Perfect" ring back into Albert 's suit pocket and how he later took the ring and placed it back on her finger.  However, my most favorite scene from this part of the story goes to the Merry-Go-Round ride on the same cracked horse.   The scene was touching, sweet, forgiving, and loving.  I also felt it was a great way to complete the circle because the first time they were on the cracked house it was when Liza didn't trust Albert and the cracked horse acted as a foreshadow to their future torn relationship.  The next time Albert and Liza was on the cracked house, I felt that Liza knew Albert might remember the past but it didn't matter because Albert was with her and he loved her. :[66]:[54]:[42]:[63]Awesome acting and story telling! 

As for whether Albert remembers everything or not, I am not too sure myself.  I feel in a way he does and in a way he doesn't.  The story has not stated this clearly yet, but there are subtle hints that he does especially in the scenes where he keeps telling Linus to not disappointed him and that even though time is given to take care of a good plant doesn't mean it will bloom beautifully.  I was not able to tell did he remember his past from the picking up the "Perfect" ring.  If he did I think it is a good way to symbolizes it as that was what Liza had hoped for in receiving the ring again.   At the same time, I agree with you Sharon that the speed of forgetting and remembering is a bit too fast for my taste.  I know they put after 6 months in the storyline when Albert was release from the hospital but it still felt way too fast.  Aside from that, I think Damian did a super great job acting the scenes where he doesn't remember his past.  It did make me believe that Albert was a different person.  I know this is kinda horrible of me but for some odd reason when Albert was confused and lost while returning home, I found him to be extremely cute!  :$  

Hanson and Albert 's relationship was also touching for me.  I felt the want of Albert to try to help Hanson understandable, but his methods was still strong, bold, and his way. After Albert lost memory, I felt his apologizes to Hanson was honest and his explanation for what he did was understandable, but it still was not the right way to handle matters.   I think Hanson has started to forgive/accept Albert more due to the near death incident and Albert's sincere apology. 

I also found Hanson and Lai King's relationship to be very cute, especially how they officially started dating. :)

Linus is getting more evil by the second from episode 20 onward.  He is very manipulative and definitely wants others to see him as a strong successful candidate and not someone's else shadow.   I feel that Linus is a reflection of how Albert felt when he was younger.  Albert has mention his feelings when he apologized to Hanson but I think seeing Linus go through the process makes me able to relate to it better.  I think the story telling is done well here. :[42] Although I think Linus has taken the evilness up a step from Albert's because he was not purposely involved with 2 women and he truly love his wife for all the right reasons. 

Additionally, I think the story has did a great job telling me more about Wilson's role.  I knew that a smart guy like him won't just work for free under Albert's older self.  I always felt there was more to him than a loyal, smart assistant.  I think what Wilson did at the beginning was wrong and now that he has paired up with Linus it is just even more wrong.  However, Wilson is no where near Linus' level.  The only other character that I feel close enough to Linus in wrongness is Hoi Sing's ex-fiancee.  I don't agree with her ways on how to capture the heart of the one you love the most.  There is no wrong in loving someone, but there is a wrong in how to love someone.  The methods she used to express her love are totally wrong.  It has failure written all over  the relationship! 

I can't believe the series is ending so fast soon.  I want to know what is going to happen and can't wait to see the next episodes!  But at the same time I don't want the series to end.  Difficult for me. :L

回复

使用道具 举报

主题

好友

积分

我爱松哥!

发表于 2010-9-15 19:43:42 |显示全部楼层

I am so happy today reading the input from Sharon and Awm. I read it a few times because I really wanted to read other's input about the drama. Thank you ladies for indulging me.

I love the carousel part as well. It will be stated later that Hoi Liang regained his memories at that moment when the ring fell to the floor. I totally agree that it was too quick from the time he lost it to the time he regained his memories. Same for Macy, from the time she became paralysed to the time she could walk again. Too quick for my taste too. But I thoroughly enjoyed episode 24 onwards. It is so good. It make me feel that the world is good afterall, so many nice and memorable scenes between Liza and Albert, Macy and Albert, Hoi Sing and Lai King etc. I am also sad that it is ending.

[ Last edited by VictorPenny at 2010-9-15 21:28 ]
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

好友

积分

管理员

发表于 2010-9-16 01:09:57 |显示全部楼层
Ep27 seems a bit bored.

I was a bit disappointed at the Charity show: 
耀群(Bosco's ex girlfriend) came by the show. She asked about Albert, and mentioned she's wanted a dance with him (maybe out of courtesy or trying to be flirtatious, not sure
Macy replied that her parents were preparing for the 1st dance of the night
But I was anticipating a dance, nothing came up.
Didn't know why they had to mention Albert and Liza when they didn't show this dance.

If the dance wasn't important, why bother to mention it. I don't recall  耀群 knowing Albert at all.
It;s not logical to mention a person you wouldnt know. Unless 耀群 IS really illogical.
Disappointed as a fan.
I remembered Albert mentioned he had to learn dancing in his woo-ing days, so I thought we'd get another chance to see him dance!

Ep27 was centered more around Hanson and Macy's stories. Albert was like an advisor for Hanson now.

Awm: Yes! Exploded is the word. CC literally explode!

Penny: Loved your discussions too ^^
小豬這周一定要中Mark 6

参与松居书籍:《碧海情天》,《男人之苦》, 《原来爱上贼》和 《天地孩儿》http://bbs.lauchungyan.com/viewt ... &extra=page%3D1
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

好友

积分

我爱松哥!

发表于 2010-9-16 06:37:20 |显示全部楼层
Yeah, Episode 27 is disapppointing for me too. Nothing really much to talk about. The dance with Albert, I felt was mentioned because Yiu Kwan wanted to hint to Bosco that if he does not treat her right and gives her what she wants, and if she is in close proximity with Albert such as in a dance, she will reveal the secret to him. That was my reaction when she said that maybe she will dance with Albert. Episode 27 talks about development between Hoi Sing and Lai King. Lai King is really funny in this drama. I laughed uncontrollably when she swolled the ring. So illogical, how can someone swallow such a big ring without knowing it. I like the interaction between Hanson and Albert now. Very easy and no pressure. I hope Episode 28 will be better tonight.
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

好友

积分

管理员

发表于 2010-9-16 08:31:37 |显示全部楼层
Original posted by VictorPenny at 2010-9-16 06:37   if she is in close proximity with Albert such as in a dance, she will reveal the secret to him. That was my reaction when she said that maybe she will dance with Albert. 

Good point there, Penny.
Makes it worth the line =)
小豬這周一定要中Mark 6

回复

使用道具 举报

主题

好友

积分

我爱松哥!

发表于 2010-9-16 13:57:53 |显示全部楼层
I agree that episode 27 was not as exciting compare to the earlier episodes.  I agree with Penny regarding why Yiu Kwan said that she will dance with Albert.   I also wanted to see Albert and Liza dance together as I think it would be a nice touch to their recovered relationship.   

Throughout the episode I thought Linus has reach master level in manipulation and I really dislike his character.   I feel that even though I understood why he became like this I cannot stand him.  :@

I did enjoy seeing the father and daughter relationship between Albert and Macy.  I know the series mainly focus on Albert and Hoi Sing's relationship but I felt it was important to show the father and daughter relationship as well.  I thought Albert gave her great advice especially when he said "the worst is that you want to be with him and don't trust him." 

The episode also showed that Hoi Sing is now comfortable with Albert and appreciate his advice a lot.  I think this is a great start for Hoi Sing to accept Albert. I look forward to their development!

Hoi Sing and Lai King's relationship was very cute and funny, especially when she swallowed the ring.  When I saw Hoi Sing put it in the rice and then started a debate with her, I was like oh no this isn't going to turn out well.  But, at least she has the funniest propose story to share with her girlfriends. ;P

I find it great that Hoi Sing picked the same ring  as Albert picked for Liza on their wedding anniversary.  The "Perfect" ring  also symbolizes a father and son relationship now in addition to perfect couples. :)

I can't wait to see episode 28.  The trailer shows lots of interesting events about to unfold.

回复

使用道具 举报

主题

好友

积分

我爱松哥!

发表于 2010-9-16 19:34:16 |显示全部楼层

I liked the father daughter chemistry too. In general, I liked Albert's character now because he really puts himself in other's shoes when considering anything or making any decision.

Was the ring really the same ring? I missed that part. I have to see it again but it was so funny.

Linus - I kind of "do not hate" him now but I am growing towards feeling sorry for him. Linus has turned into what he is now because of his low self esteem and also his feeling that people look down on him just because he is not rich enough. Just like Hoi Liang when he was younger when he felt very bad because his brother is the favourite of everyone and even his father wanted to give everything to his brother and Hoi Liang felt he had to prove himself all the time. Anyway there is no excuse for what he has done but when I feel sorry for him, then I don't hate him.

回复

使用道具 举报

主题

好友

积分

我爱松哥!

发表于 2010-9-16 22:35:12 |显示全部楼层

Episode 28 showed Liza telling Albert that she knew he regained his memories when he put the ring on her finger and then chosed the cracked wooden horse when they went to the carousel together. It was very touching and the chemistry between the 2 were very good.

Today we also saw Linus finally "cheated" Macy of all her Weng Hoi shares and exposed his true colours. He said to Albert that he has never loved Macy and pushed Albert to the floor. It was quite sad to see Albert struggling to get up and I think it was superb acting by Damian here. Even Bosco was quite good at being evil. Chung Suk disowned Linus but we saw Linus developing some pains for the first time. There were a lot of father daughter scene between Albert and Macy and I was really touched by the scene where Albert try to convince Macy to drop the court case and not take revenge against Linus. He said that it is a very terrible experience and he does not want her suffer what he has gone through. He said God must be punishing him that he is not even allowed to acknowledge his son. And, that was when others realised he remembered everything and Hanson overheard the conversation. I liked the last part of this epsiodes.

I again found the pace a bit too quick for my taste. Linus from the time he was exposed to the time he left Macy and then he totally took control of Weng Hoi, sacking old staff of Weng Hoi etc to his father knew about his bad deeds and disowned him. It all happened like in 20 mins or so. Anyway, I guess the story will keep moving rather fast since it has to end in another 1.5 hours.

Oh, I cannot bear to see Episode 29 tomorrow. It is THE epsiode............ sob sob

回复

使用道具 举报

主题

好友

积分

我爱松哥!

发表于 2010-9-22 10:50:21 |显示全部楼层

The drama is finished. I watched it on Friday, the two episodes but was very busy after that so did not write about it.

I liked the ending although there were some very sad scenes such as when Albert died. However, he died a happy man because Hanson finally acknowledge Albert as his dad and called him "Father". Then Albert also wrote his diary which Liza and Hanson could read after his death. So the dying scene was really done with very good taste and I felt Albert's death had greater meaning for the people he loved. I felt okay about Chung Suk's death too because it turned Linus around. He regretted his actions and decided to give himself up to the pay for his actions.

I really liked the scene where Albert was drunk and he mistakenly thought Hanson was Chung Suk and he held Hanson's head to the table and told him how he felt deep inside. It was great acting by both Damian and Raymond. It was done naturally. Finally, Hanson married Lai King, Macy became a doctor again and Hanson became the chairman of Weng Hoi. Liza also continued to live a happy life in rememberance of Albert. Well, it is a happy ending actually.

The ending is very meaningful. It is all about values of life and the forgiveness, the evilness of hatred and vengence, and how a simple forgiveness could disentagle so many knots that seemed so difficult to unknot in life. Totally beautiful.

I think the script writer did a good job although certain things could have been clearer for example, what is the purpose of Yiu Kwan in the drama. The point where Albert regained his memories could have been made more significant because that was the turning for a lot of things. I felt certain important things happened too quickly in the drama and the somewhere in the middle, it kind of dragged on a little. All in all, I would still recommend this to anyone who has not watched it.

[ Last edited by VictorPenny at 2010-9-22 18:28 ]
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

好友

积分

我爱松哥!

发表于 2010-9-23 02:07:59 |显示全部楼层
Welcome back, Penny!

I haven't watch the finale yet.  My computer died and lost lots of data so I was busy recovering it.  Then I got busy so I haven't find a nice peaceful time to watch the series yet.  I don't like being disturb while watching the series because it ruins the mood so I try to wait for a time where I have a few hours free.

However, my mom called me last night to tell me about her thoughts about the series.  She like the series and thought that the story was meaningful.  She praise Damian's acting for showing the growth factor in his life from being the company killer to the more family oriented Albert.  My mom love how he supported his wife as the company's CEO even after what Liza had did to him.   She also praises Bosco for his acting and for the actress who played Lai King for her liveliness.

As for my thoughts, please wait a little more.  Sorry.
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

好友

积分

我爱松哥!

发表于 2010-10-6 01:41:25 |显示全部楼层
I finally finished the series last week but due to all the renovation mess I haven't had time to post.

My thoughts about the last few episodes are a mixture of likes and dislikes.   I like how the story revealed that Albert has recovered his memories.  It was very well done especially when Liza said "Pretend can't see" when referring to the cracked horse.  I felt that phrase was very symbolic and that it was referring to what has happen in their family/relationships.  The scar on their family that Albert had a son and what Liza did out of jealousy all can be handled by "pretending not to see it."   The story emphasizes on this by revealing how Albert has recovered his memories and how Liza told Albert she understands why he didn't reveal he has regained his memories.

Another scene I like was when Albert was drunk and finally told Hanson his true feelings.  It showed lots of love, caring, and pain. I agree with you Penny that both Damian and Raymond did a great job acting it out.

The other scenes I like was how Dominic brought back Linus from greed evil to his normal self again.  It was very touching and loving!

As for what I didn't like, well, I didn't like how the story did the pace/execution of how Albert died.  I felt it was a bit rushed especially how they carried it from Albert writing his dairy (last words already?) to showing him dead.   It was like telling us he is going to die now.  Granted, I already knew Albert was going to die but I thought it was going to be done more gradually.  I agree that Albert died a happy man because his son accepted him and he died with the love of his family.

The other part I dislike was the dramatic change in pace of story telling (I know it is the climax and it suppose to be that way but compare to the story pace earlier it just felt a bit wrong).  From episode 28 onward scenes felt like they were a bit rushed.   I felt the middle was a bit draggy at certain points.  The beginning was slow which was fine because it is the introduction and where it tries to establish characters.

The title of this series and the story goes very well with each other.  Like Penny said, it is "Growing through Life" learning  how to forgive, love, and learn.  Very meaningful.  :loveliness:  Despite some flaws, I did enjoy the series.  I plan on re-watching it because I feel it is one of those stories where you will get another or deeper meaning when re-watched.  Additionally, I watched this series when I had one of the busiest schedules in my life so I felt I did not give it the proper attention it deserved from me.

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册 Register

手机版|Archiver|刘松仁 松居 ( 粤ICP备05001098号 )

GMT+8, 2019-12-6 15:54 , Processed in 0.128468 second(s), 18 queries .